Dispute Resolution

Submit a Request for a Dispute Resolution 

From time-to-time, disputes or controversies arise between states over compact-related matters. ICJ Compliance Policy 03-2009: Dispute Resolution provides that state's Compact Commissioners shall attempt to resolve disputes or controversies by first communicating directly with the Compact Commissioner in the other state. 

After documented efforts to resolve the matter, a state's Compact Commissioner may request assistance from the national office with dispute resolution. The request shall include information regarding the dispute or controversy and efforts to resolve the matter.