The purpose of the Voluntary Rule Infraction Report is to provide a way for member states to uniformly report detailed information regarding ICJ Rule infractions without filing a formal complaint. Collecting and analyzing this data will provide a means for validating and fine tuning rules, improving business processes, and targeting training needs. The use of this Report is voluntary and it is not intended to penalize states or to replace the formal complaint and dispute resolution processes. It is simply another means to help the Commission understand what Compact processes work and those that don’t. Before a Rule Infraction Report can be submitted, the Commissioner or Designee in the reporting state must first review and sign the Report. The Commissioner or Designee in the reporting state is encouraged to contact the Commissioner or Designee in the offending state in an effort to eliminate any misunderstandings and future infractions. The Commissioner or Designee in the offending state will receive a copy of the Report and be given an opportunity to respond.
Instructions for Completing the Voluntary Rule Infraction Report:
- Report Date: Enter the date of submission.
- Date of Infraction: Enter the date the infraction came to the writer's attention.
- States Involved: Enter the name of the receiving and sending state and any other state involved.
- Rule Violation: Select the rule violation being reported. More than one rule violation may be noted under the description.
- Name of Juvenile: If applicable, enter the first and last name of the juvenile involved in the infraction.
- Date of Birth: Date of juvenile’s birth.
- Briefly Describe Infraction: Describe the infraction as completely as possible noting how the infraction came to your attention, the names of involved parties and jurisdictions, the extent of any criminal violations, harm, news media attention, etc. Indicate whether or not the infraction was communicated to the Commissioner(s) in the involved states.
- Submitting Agency: Enter the name of the State Compact office submitting the Report.
- Agency Street Address: Enter the street address of the State Compact office submitting the Report.
- City: Enter the city for the submitting agency.
- State: Enter the state for the submitting agency.
- Zip: Enter the zip code for the submitting agency's mailing address.
- Telephone: Enter the telephone number for the individual submitting the Report.
- Fax: Enter the fax number for the individual submitting the Report.
- E-mail: Enter the e-mail address for the individual submitting the Report.
- Signature: Reports not signed by the Commissioner or Designee will be returned for review and signing.
* After completing this form please print, sign, and e-mail the form with attachments of any applicable forms or reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To fill out a Voluntary Rule Infraction Report, click here.