The Interstate Commission for Juveniles, the governing body of the Interstate Compact for Juveniles, through means of joint and cooperative action among the compacting states, preserves child welfare and promotes public safety interests of citizens, including victims of juvenile offenders, by providing enhanced accountability, enforcement, visibility, and communication in the return of juveniles who have left their state of residence without permission and in the cooperative supervision of delinquent juveniles who travel or relocate across state lines. Vision Statement
The Interstate Commission for Juveniles will promote public safety, victims' rights, and juvenile accountability that is balanced with safeguarding those juveniles. Values
The Interstate Commission for Juveniles values:
- We honor the Compact’s spirit of communication, collaboration and mutual respectamong all parties in the Compact.
- We hold ourselves accountable to our compact agreements.
- We expect and support continuous knowledge and skill development.
- We seek sustainability of ICJ via leadership development and national visibility.
- We ensure that everything we do supports the outcomes stated in our mission.